The Villa shall be used as a temporary summer residence by the Tenant. The Tenant shall make due and careful use of the Villa.
1. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only. Other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, animal abuse or deliberate property damage, or any illegal or immoral use is strictly prohibited. The Tenant shall assume all responsibility for the actions of his party and guests during the lease period, and any damages that may be attributed to their actions. All communications of the Tenant to the Landlord shall be channelled through “Once Upon a Villa.”
2. Tenant shall maintain the premises, the furniture and all equipment, household items and contents, as well as the garden in good condition, and use them only in a careful and lawful manner. Tenant shall pay for repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition and for all damages above normal wear and tear. The Tenant agrees that the Landlord or “Once Upon a Villa” shall deduct costs from the security deposit prior to refund if the Tenant causes damage to the premises or its furnishings and equipment. The Tenant shall keep villa safe and lock all doors and close windows when the villa is left unattended.
3. Tenant shall not sublet the property.
4. Tenant must be able to provide accurate personal and passport details for all the persons that will be hosted on the premises during the rental period and shall be held accountable for any wrongdoing or damages inflicted on the property by those persons.
5. Tenant shall not create noise or other disturbances likely to disturb the peace of surrounding property Landlords.
6. Tenant agrees to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by the Landlord of the Villa or “Once Upon a Villa” enforcing this agreement.
7. Tenant agrees that hazardous or illegal material or items shall not be used or stored in or around the property.
8. Tenant shall vacate the premises on the agreed-upon rental expiration date and time. The Landlord of the Villa reserves the right to visit the Property only with prior notification to the Tenant, through “Once Upon a Villa,” and shall not use this right in any way that may create an inconvenience to the Tenant or abuse this right in any other way.
9. Pets are not allowed in the Villa. Smoking is not permitted inside the house.
10. Any communication whatsoever and at any time by the Tenant in relation to any matter pertaining to the Villa or this Lease Agreement shall only be made to Once Upon a Villa and not to the Landlord.
11. In the event that the Tenant wishes to rent the Villa again within the next 3 years following the end of this Lease Agreement, it shall pay a commission fee to Once Upon a Villa upon terms to be agreed at that time.
12. Should the Tenant violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately with no return of rent.
13. Consumables are to be purchased by the Tenant.
14. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
15. Tenant shall have no more persons reside or sleep on the premises, than the number agreed upon. No gatherings or parties are allowed, which shall exceed the number of persons listed on the booking form, multiplied by two, without the expressed written permission of the Owner. In any case, visits by guests not officially residing at the villa are allowed should the then current pandemic restrictions permit.
In the case that one or more villa guests are diagnosed with COVID-19, the tenant and their group may request to extend their stay at the property beyond the check-out period, should villa booking arrangements and a new agreement with the Owner and Once Upon a Villa allow.
It is the responsibility of the tenant(s) and their group to stay informed and act in accordance with all pandemic restrictions announced and valid by local government and authorities.
16. Greek Law shall govern this Agreement. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be settled by the Judicial Courts of Athens, Greece, which are to have an exclusive jurisdiction for this purpose
Tenant’s Personal Damages:
The Tenant acknowledges that neither the Owner of the Villa, nor “Once Upon a Villa” shall be held liable for any personal property damage, loss of personal belongings of the Tenant and their guests or any employees staying in the property, due to theft, larceny, robbery or hold - up anywhere inside the property or outside the property during tenancy at the Villa. Nor will the Owner of the Villa and “Once Upon a Villa”, be held liable for any death or accident that may occur to the Tenants, their guests or any employees during tenancy at the Villa, caused, by fire, theft, rain, war, acts of God, acts of others, and/or any other causes. Compensation for injury, death, loss of belongings or property damage cannot be claimed from the Owner of the Villa and “Once Upon a Villa” and the Tenant will indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and “Once Upon a Villa” from any and all expenses, costs, damages, suits, actions or liabilities whatsoever arising from or related to any and all loss of damage to personal property, injury or death resulting from the use of the property.
“Once Upon a Villa” accepts no liability in relation to any services not provided by it or arrangements that are not made in its name, or for the acts or omissions of the Owner of the Villa or other person(s) or party(ies). “Once Upon a Villa” is however obligated and committed, with the support of the Owner of the Villa in case it is required, to try and resolve and issue or problem that may occur during the tenancy with the minimum possible delay and the least possible disruption for the Tenant.
In the event that “Once Upon a Villa” is found liable to the Tenant on any basis whatsoever, the maximum liability to the Tenant is limited to the commission fee earned by “Once Upon a Villa” in respect to the particular booking and rental period.
Payment Method: payable in (2) installments via bank transfer as follows:
a)“Advance Payment” - payable through bank transfer, within 48 hours upon receipt of this reservation confirmation agreement.
b) “Balance Payment” - payable through bank transfer 60 days prior to the arrival date.
The sum of (a) and (b) above will constitute the Total Amount.
Agreement Policy: Failure to provide the aforementioned Total Amount, according to the method of payment described above, automatically gives “Once Upon a Villa” or the property Οwner the right to offer the Villa to another Tenant. In addition to the above, non-payment of the Total Amount (as agreed above) will be considered a cancellation of the booking, and relative paragraph (No-Show/Cancellation Policy) will apply.
Security Deposit: The Tenant shall provide an interest-free security deposit, payable to “Once Upon a Villa,” seven days prior to arrival. The deposit will be held by “Once Upon a Villa” and shall be fully refunded after the villa has been inspected by the Owner and “Once Upon a Villa” for possible damages. The Owner’s Inspection Right must be exercised within two days after the Tenant’s accommodation period has ended and the property has been vacated, and prior to the commencement of a new tenancy to another tenant. After inspection has been successfully completed and no damages have been identified/reported, “Once Upon a Villa” will reimburse the full Security Deposit amount via transfer to a bank account designated by the Tenant, within one week (FIVE working days).
Once Upon A Villa Warranties:
“Once Upon a Villa” warrants that the villa corresponds to the description (location, inventory, facilities etc.) provided in the attached presentation or as it is presented on the website of the company (www.onceuponavilla.com), and that the Owner of the Villa will have the villa vacant, cleaned and prepared for the Tenant on the agreed-upon date of arrival (Arrival Date - Check-in Time).
No-Show / Cancellation Policy:
▪ For booking cancellations that take place 60 or more days prior to the commencement of the rental period, the Advance Payment shall be retained and the balance returned.
▪ For booking cancellations that take place 59 days or less prior to the commencement of the rental period, no part of the Total Amount shall be returned. Tenant will be obliged to pay the Total Amount in full.
Furthermore, booking cancellation will not be considered valid unless stipulated in writing and communicated via e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.