A true Hydra gem, constructed by Venetian architects around 1808, as a residence for Admiral A.Miaoulis, this unique mansion overlooks the Aegean and invites you to experience the grandeur of the island’s past.
Listed by the Greek Archaeological Society as a monument, the house has been carefully restored to meet contemporary needs and is a unique property for those who like the atmosphere and cultural landmarks of the past.
Located in Avlaki, 10 minutes walk from the port, on the western slope, it provides stunning views from Tselevinia islands to the island of Spetses and amazing sunsets from the large windows. All decorative elements i.e. painted ceilings, wooden beam ceilings, apses around windows and doors, cupboards, were accurately restored and stand as reminders of the times Hydra was world class trader and nautical power. You cannot stop admiring different details, from the amazing tiles on the floor to the decoration of the ceilings, antiques and old memoirs. The bedrooms are very atmospheric, with beautiful bathrooms, and windows with panoramic sea views.
The veranda overlooking the garden and the sea is ideal for relaxing after a day of swimming watching the sunset and enjoying a cool drink. A large patio, nearly covered by a huge rubber tree, provides a peaceful romantic dining area in this one of a kind historical mansion.
Villa Istoria can comfortably accommodate 12 guests (10 adults and 2 kids) in 6 bedrooms, divided in three villas sharing a beautiful patio.
Villa size: 750 sq. m.
Plot Size: 1.115 sq. m.
- Living and dining area with A/C and amazing sea view
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, A/C, ceiling fan and view of the sea
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom, A/C, ceiling fan
- Living and dining area
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and A/C
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room and A/C
- Small kitchenette and office area with access to a beautiful veranda and amazing sea view
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, A/C and view of the sea
- Bedroom with two single beds (suitable for kids/staff members)
- Dining area for 8 guests
- Lovely Mediterranean Garden
- Closest port: Port of Hydra, 6 minutes drive (1km)
- Closest town: Hydra, 7 minutes drive (1km)
- Closest beach: Avlaki, 1 minute walk