A truly unique 1806 historic mansion in a charismatic location in Spetses island, beautifully renovated, unravels the glorious history and the cosmopolitan spirit of the sophisticated island.
Hiding in an alleyway in a quiet part of the centre of the charming town of Spetses, the impressive 200 years old stone building, placed on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural and Historic Interest, will steal your heart at first sight. The same goes for the unique, large 1000 sq.m. courtyard with the characteristic rare pebbled mosaics of the island, full of old trees, like palm, olive and lemon trees, and a variety of colourful flowers. The various sitting areas spread around the garden await you to relax and enjoy family moments in privacy: from peaceful reading in the big sofas to barbeques and local dishes cooked in the built-in traditional wood oven.
Entering the mansion, you will be impressed by this charming marriage of history and contemporary elegant taste. The house, belonging to the same family for seven generations, has been recently renovated to provide all modern facilities, after careful study in respect to the special architectural characteristics.
Pale colours, traditional and modern furniture, beautiful details like the old fireplaces, handmade carpets, antique ceramics, give the tone in the inside of the house. The atmospheric dining and living room and the characterful kitchen are on the ground floor, along with a twin bedroom with an en-suite marble bathroom. The two elegant master bedrooms on the first floor have beautiful sea views, while one of them opens up to a large terrace with sunbeds overlooking the sea and the chapel of Agios Mamas. A study with a telescope with panoramic sea view is another beautiful corner.
The location is very convenient, just 3 minutes’ walk from the port and Dapia piazza, 10 minutes’ walk from the cosmopolitan Old Harbor and just around the corner (about 80 meters) from the sandy beach of Agios Mamas.
Villa Size: 450 sq. metres
Plot Size: 1,000 sq.metres plot of land
- Villa Glory can comfortably accommodate 10 guests in 5 air-conditioned and with ceiling fans bedrooms
Main House – Ground Floor
- Living room with TV and stereo system
- Dining table for 10 persons
- Fully equipped kitchen with a dining table for 8 persons
- Twin bedroom with an en-suite marble bathroom
Main House – First Floor
- Foyer, study with sea view
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom and sea views
- Master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, opening up to a large terrace overlooking the sea and the chapel of Agios Mamas
Main House – Guesthouse
- Living room with dining area, and TV
- Marble bathroom
- Fully equipped kitchen connected through a shaded open-air patio to the bedrooms’ area
- Double bedroom with sharing a marble bathroom
- Twin bedroom (suitable for children) with sharing bathroom
- Very large internal courtyard with a mature garden
- BBQ and built-in traditional wood oven and dining table for 8 persons
- Two dining tables in the main veranda one for 12 persons and a round one for 8 persons
- Various lounging and sitting corners spread throughout the property
- Guests’ WC
- Daily maid service
- Change of linen twice a week
- Once upon a villa concierge service
- Wonderful garden
- Outdoor dining and various relaxation points
- Air-conditioning in all bedrooms
- Wi-Fi connection
- Satellite TV
- Closest airport: Athens, 2h and 30m by hydrofoil
- Closest port: Dapia 3m walk
- Closest town: Dapia 3m walk, Old Harbor 10m walk
- Closest beach: Agios Mamas – 3m walk